Monday, January 14, 2013

Day 1 - 14Jan13

The last time I worked out I spent 65 days working out at least 3 times a week.  I ate pretty well and lost about 10ish pounds.  I stopped because I began prepping for an interview for a new job, then studied to stay up with the new job and then I wanted to let the dust settle.

Well, I am very happy to say that I am very happy at the new job and I have been finding that I am finally able to budget time for working out again.  It takes me a while to get into working out, but once I do, I hit it hard.  I'm feeling a bit more motivated this year.  I've set a goal this year of doing different workouts and pushing it pretty hard and putting myself first.  So far, I'm 14 days in, and I've not put myself first, yet.  Tomorrow morning is the day.

There are several changes that are happening with my office and workout areas.  I am moving my office down to the studio area where I also have my workout equipment (and the projector.)  In this way, I will be able to work, then take the time to workout by jumping on the elliptical to think about a particular problem I'm working on - or simply be closer to the workout equipment to knock out some quick 5-10 minute workouts during the day.

So, the trick is going to be getting enough sleep tonight that I will get up at 6:45 in the morning to workout for 45 mins doing some version of P90X or Insanity, then enough time to eat and get my youngest ready to go.

The rest of this week will be getting used to that.  Next week, I'll add a noon workout and an afternoon workout.  This plan is to last 30 to 60 days.  During that timeframe I will be eating very healthy.  My goal is to lose as much size and weight as I can then cut out my afternoon workout and/or my noon workout and eventually replace all with 40 minutes of elliptical in the morning or multiple miles of running (no more than 3.)

My overall goal is to lose 80 to 100 pounds by October.  Technically, it is possible to lose the weight.  Ideally, I would like to be 160-180 by the end of the year and only doing maintenance workouts 3ish times a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment