Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Measurements

I decided that I wanted to find out where I was at compared to last year and the year before.

Below you'll see the table from last year - that also includes the year before and I combined measurements from today and the blobpost below
http://elvisapocalypse.blogspot.com/2013/06/6june13-day-31-3rd-time.html

13May127Jun126Jun1330Apr14
weight270272270284
navel4948.546.7550
waist46.54843.5
hips5452.55253
neck1817.516.516.5

I need to complete the other measurements later today.  As you can see, I've got about 14 pounds to go just to get to where I was at nearly 10.5 months ago.

For nearly a year I maintained my weight though I lost some size.  Let's also go back and look at where I came from, so we don't dwell on where I need to go.

Last fall I hit a major setback with 16 weeks of inability to run due to shinsplints and severe pain.  I was also working 60 hours a week and drinking more than 6 cans of Coke a day.  I hit all-time high weights of  over 295 (one reading was at 298).  So I have lost 10-ish pounds and my eating is managed; meaning that I am not under severe stress and eating so I can keep up.  I'm a stress cleaner/stress eater.  I start dropping workouts and adding Coke to my diet when I get stressed.  Last Sept/Oct I even added cookies (I don't usually eat any candy or cookies).  My weight gain has come from two primary sources: 1) Coke 2) lessening inactivity.  If I decreased my Coke intake while decreasing activity then I wouldn't gain.  My diet is pretty reasonable, I don't go overboard and I eat mostly natural foods (occasionally I eat processed foods).

The biggest thing I need to remember is that when I get stressed it's time to increase workouts instead of cutting them out.  I absolutely know that working out helps me mentally and stress-wise - when I get stressed it's hard for me to just do it.

I'm going to attempt the non-stop workouts.  I will workout each day, even if for 5 minutes a day (not less than 5 mins).  Right now, I have scheduled times that I workout - and I spend about 5 mins or less every hour just doing some calisthenics (situps, aussie pullups, planks, squats/lunges, chair dips, etc) and then attempt to get in one run up 2 flights of stairs to get 8oz of water.

Here are my goals:

  1. One regular pullup (following the scooby plan https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRznU6pzez0)
  2. Plank for one minute
  3. 20 aussie pullups (wo stopping)
  4. 30 min skate (or slideboard) without stopping b/c of foot pain (plantar fascitis)
  5. 280 pounds (then 270, 260, etc)
There are other minor goals that I'll easily be able to meet.  These goals are bigger ones that I can focus on without feeling overwhelmed.

No comments:

Post a Comment