Thursday, August 27, 2015

W5D3 - BABC

This week has sucked, so far.

Monday, I did my ride on the phone call.  Then I had to leave about noon and drove my son to a location in Oklahoma (3+ hours away) for a BMX camp... then drove back.  I ate like crap and didn't get in any exercises that I planned on.

Yesterday, I didn't get my ride in and was exhausted.  I didn't eat most of the day and felt hungry all of the time.  I did have something from Burget King for lunch :(

Today, I have to get back on track.  I've got eggs for breakfast and I'll get the apple and almonds.  At least I know what I'm going to eat - normally, I wouldn't know and probably wouldn't care.

Let's get the day started.

I got tired of having these old Army shorts and using regular tshirts to workout in.  The shorts were a bit too small (read: nuthuggers) when they used to be regular shorts (you know, back when I was 200 pounds lol).  And I've ruined a bunch of tshirts bc I've worked out in them.

I bought 8 pairs of bcg mesh shorts (3XL) and 5 bcg moisture wicking shirts (XL) that I love to workout in b/c they're comfortable.  So, for the first time since Iraq I have dedicated workout clothes that fit correctly and I spent 78 bucks (that I barely had).

In other news, this week has sucked ass.  I have managed to get one workout in and that was Monday morning.  Monday afternoon I took a half day and drove Lucas to the other side of Tulsa for a BMX racing camp and drove back.  Tuesday, I started a new project and was so exhausted I didn't even attempt a workout then went to BMX racing that night.  Today, I didn't get in my bike ride.  I had changed into workout clothes and was adjusting my skates when I got a call that my dad broke his leg at the nursing home so I changed and rode down there another half day gone.  I've not eaten how I wanted.  I've not worked out the way I've wanted.  This week has sucked.

This week, I've learned that I need to get all of my meals ready for the day either that day or the day before and make sure they're available so if I need to run off then I can still take them with me - they're pretty easy to do and don't need to be refrigerated so I have no excuses.  I also need to make sure that if I can't do my workout as planned that I have a backup plan for a workout.  For example, when Lucas was at the BMX camp on Monday I could've strung my TRX up to my car or something.

over the last 5 weeks, I have noticed that even riding the bike 30 minutes a day 5x a week has improved my brain function (not concentration, yet) - so my brain is more active than it was - not remembering more, nor concentration/focusing more, but very active.

No comments:

Post a Comment