Tuesday, May 13, 2014

My gift - TRX

I have come to learn over the years that I will find excuses not to work out.  I don't like gyms - I always feel like people are staring at the weeble-wobble-guy running on the treadmill; or judging my form.  Maybe they're all thinking that I'm judging them.  I don't know, but I don't like gyms.  I don't like running on the road b/c I've been hit a few times by cars that got too close; the same reason I don't like blading on the street.

I'm very picky about where I workout - mostly I attribute this pickiness to being fat.  When I go to another city I don't like to go to the hotel gym and listen to a bunch of people or feel like I'm on the only piece of equipment someone else wants to use.

Enter the TRX.

I've been doing a lot of calisthenics over the last couple weeks - I love to blade and calisthenics are much better for me than a machine.  I like challenge of using my body weight to kick my own ass.  My trainer suggested I look at TRX - so I did and fell in love with the system.

Yesterday, my gift arrived and these are the unpacking pictures.


When that bundle is unrolled you get the full TRX in all of its 1.4 pound glory.

I did not workout last night.  I read all about the setup and workouts.  Last week I read all about those very things, but figured I wouldn't have a trx to play with so I didn't pay that much attention.

After it was all set up, I decided to give a few exercises, I normally do with the pullup bar, a go.  I did 5 aussie chinups and 15 inclined pushups and one fly (i stretched my arms out as far as they would go parallel to my body so I was basically flat - then one lunge.

The movements felt great and "natural" - I didn't think I'd worked out that much until a bit later I laughed and everything from my shoulders to my abs and the glute on the side I did one lunge hurt.  I'm not in any kind of shape, but I've done lunges in the last few weeks; as well as pushups, aussie pullups, pullups, planks, etc.  I was completely shocked at how much I felt the workout after but not during.

I'm impressed.  Today I do the Day 1 Week 1 workout and we'll see how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment