Monday, October 27, 2014

And so it begins... again Week 1, Day 1

I was struggling with how to layout my workouts since I finished the TRX Force workout.  I wanted to go gung-ho again and do a hour of cardio in the morning and at night and TRX at noon.  I was already tired from putting that plan together.  I seem to push things as though I won't have time to do them later so I should pack everything into a fast plan.  What ends up happening is that I start dropping elements as I go and I never actually complete the massive sets of goals I had planned.

Since my main goal is to do a single pull up, I decided to look for a program to do a single pull up.  As it turns out, there is one out there:  http://www.uscg.mil/worklife/cgap/pro_video/References/TRX-FORCE_pullupprep_final-1.pdf

This is a 5 day a week workout, but I cannot do a single pull up so days 2 and 4 are basically worthless to me (I'll still attempt them though).  So I wanted something for days 2, 4, and 6 that would give me some cardio.
I came across this:  http://smartfoodandfit.com/feel-good-total-body-workout-trx-circuit-workout/
With this downloadable PDF: http://smartfoodandfit.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/Trx-workout.pdf

I've decided to do the Lower Body Circuit 1 on Day 2, the Upper Body Circuit on Day 4, and the Core and More Circuit on Day 6.  This way there are cardio days on 2 and 4; where day 6 is kind of a day off from cardio.

I've already not eaten enough today.  I didn't have time at lunch so I ran up and grabbed a lot of baby carrots.  That's it!  Tonight, I need to plan out what I'm going to eat over the next few days and when.

Workout Summary:

This workout I figured I wouldn't have a lot of energy going in since I didn't have much in the way of food.

I completed a massive 1 circuit before wanting to lay down and sleep.

Forward Lunge with Hip Flexor Stretch 35s
Squat Row 15
Pull Up (Level 1) 6
Body Saw (Level 1) 6
Low Row to Biceps Curl to Y Fly 8

I'll go eat a little bit and get some more glasses of water.  I may come back and at least do another circuit before I go to bed.

How Do I Feel:
Tired.  Great as far as muscles go.  I probably could've increased the difficulty on the Squat Rows a bit, but I'm sure my body will let me know about those later.

No comments:

Post a Comment