Tuesday, September 29, 2015

W10D2 - BABC

I made it below 280 (279.4 to be exact) for the first time since July 26th...which is when i started hitting the Dr Pepper pretty hard.

Sometime in May is when I started eating foods that I shouldn't have - so I went from 264ish to 279 from May1st or so to July 20th and then stayed there for a week before shooting up to 285 and eventually topped out a couple of weeks ago at 290.  The heaviest I've ever been was 297.4 February 16, 2014

Here's what I've done the last week or so.  I've quit almost all processed foods.  I haven't had a soda since last Wednesday.  I had the two Powerades this weekend and the hamburger buns.  Outside of that, I haven't had anything processed (read: fast food).  I've also cut my intake down to 1200 cal a day or so - I don't fret if it's 1500 or 1700 I just do my best to stick to 1200ish.  One other change I've made is that I attempt to get about 100g of protein a day.  I have a lot of almonds, peanuts, and cashews around - I also eat hamburger patties, chicken, tuna, and sometimes I have a vegan protein shake (I bought a bunch in bulk months ago real cheap).  I also take a fiber supplement from Arbonne to make sure I don't have digestive issues (due to anxiety not diet - which is going away).

I have not gotten into exercising, yet.  Somehow I've convinced myself that it hurts a lot when I workout.  I don't know what that's about - sounds like I need to adjust my self-hypnosis script.

It's weird how I feel great today at 279 when I didn't feel great a few days ago at 284+ - these imaginary goals we set that make us feel better.

All of that said it's been 10 weeks since I started this current struggle (it's been 3+ years since I've been blogging my journey) - and it's been 5 weeks since I've worked out more than once a week.  I've made excuses like my car getting rear ended made it so I can't go to OTC and ride my bike (yet there's a perfectly good set of pavement in front of my house - somehow that's embarrassing though) and I no longer have the 1 hour phone calls so I don't ride my stationary bike daily.  Idk what's going on with the TRX workouts.  I love them; something is going on in my brain that it takes too long to workout or something.  I'm not sure what the hell there.  I need to evaluate that too.  I think it's that goals seem unattainable when you're not moving in the right direction.  When the scale and calipers are going in the wrong direction but you're working out and can do 30 minutes of a workout the only thing you remember is that you are bigger not that you accomplished something that you couldn't do a month or even a week ago.  idk.  Anyone else have insight on this effect?  In any case, I feel better after jumping below 280 and feel like I should just focus on staying healthy through foods right now and a desire for a workout routine will come back soon.  I'm impatient which is ironic considering that I said i've been blogging about this for over 3 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment