Tuesday, January 20, 2015

W7J3 - W3D3 (W1D1)

I'm currently 45 days without a Coke.  My only liquids have been juice (that I make), coconut water, vegan protein shake, water, BCAAs.   I've been juicing for 44 days.  I've been working out for 2 weeks now.

I haven't posted any workout updates in a couple of days.  I've also added a layer of complexity to my workouts.  I'm going to "up my game" so-to-speak.  I'm continuing with the Pull Up Program and the Feel Good Full Body TRX Workout.  I'm adding TRX Force and a few other exercises to help with the Pull Ups.  I think I can still achieve the full workout in 60-90 minutes.  I feel like the TRX Pull Up Program and Feel Good Full Body TRX Workouts are great.  They push me well for 30 minutes.  I can increase reps and get a better workout.  However, I want to add to my workouts.

I was looking at my pictures yesterday and noticed that I achieved great results with TRX Force and I've achieved great results juicing.  I already know that after my juicing is up in 18 days that I'll be doing more solid fruits and veggies and probably still either juice or make smoothies (either should cut down on my costs - which are about 200-240 a month in food bills).  What I want to do between now and 18 days from now (and don't forget I've got about 2 months before KC PCC) is get in some monster workouts that get me a bit more of a workout than what I've been doing (through no fault of the workouts, they've been great) and increase my muscle a bit more than I have been.  I'd like to achieve my 260 goal in 18 days - that's 7-9 pounds (I hit 267 this morning).  I believe that's doable.

In order to achieve that 260 - I'm going to adjust my workout as follows (for today, tomorrow will be different):
TRX Pull Up Program - Circuit D - 4 times
T-Spine Rotation 5 each side
Pull Up 8-12
Side Plank 4x10 each side
Body Saw 6-10

TRX Force - 1 time
Squat Row 15
Chest Press 15
Plank 4x10
Hip Abduction 15
Squat 15
Row (L, M, H) 15
Triceps Press 15
Side Plank 3x10 each side
Biceps Curl 15
Hamstring Curl 15
Spiderman Push Up 8 each side


My Own Additions - 1 time
Pull Up (Bar) - see what I can do  -- DID
Incline Plank 4x10
Incline Press 4
Dips (TRX or Parallettes) 15
Pike 8-12
Jump and Hold (Pull Up Bar) [count of 5] 10  -- DID 2

As you can see there's a lot going on.  The first section is to aid in doing a pull up (in addition to a regular PT workout).  The TRX Force is my regular PT workout.  The additions at the bottom are because I want to build some strength for the hand stand push up which I also cannot do, but I can do a plank or vertical hand stand (against a wall for stability) - so I want to work on that.

This will only be for the next 18 days that I add these additional works to my workout.  The main benefit is to add muscle which will hopefully burn more fat and drop my size and weight to at least the 260 mark.  After the 60th day of juicing and 18th day of these type workouts I'll re-evaluate where I'm at and see what to change.

By the end of my workout (58:30 later) my upper body was so tired it was exhausting to do any of the inclines, dips, or pike.  I started an incline plank, but my arms gave out before I could hold it for more than 4 seconds.  Tomorrow I'll do the regular Feel Good workout and the additional stuff before doing the TRX Force W1D2 workout.

I feel completely exhausted as far as my arms go.  My brain is quite tired too.  I feel like I could take a nap.

I smell ammonia - I need to do more research on that.  I'm taking BCAAs now too so I can curb any muscle-used-as-fuel that may be going on.  I have also realized I need a way to track my exercises in some sort of app that I can also use in a browser.  I am going to use My Fitness Pal and see how that goes.  I don't like typing it in here b/c then I have to refer back to previous days (which is what I'd have to do on MFP).  What I'd really like is a way to put in the exercises and what I'm supposed to do, but also see what I last did for reference.  I normally do this on paper, but I'm wanting to get away from that.  This may require me to write my own app or browser application (which I'm ok with, I just don't have a lot of time).

As for the rest of the day, I'll do the additional stuff over the course of the next few hours of work (about every hour or so do some of the exercises.  I really want to be able to do a pull up in 18 days and be at 260 pounds or better.  I can do this.

One last thing, for now, I'm going to schedule a meeting with my first trainer, Paul, to do a fitness test and get the calipers and measurements done.  Then every 2 weeks I'll schedule another one.

I weighed in at 267 this morning (that's 19 down from when I started juicing and 30 down from 11 months ago).

Here's a note I posted to my weight loss support group earlier:
I've been Coke free for 45 days only drinking juice that I've made, BCAAs, vegan protein shakes, and water.
I dropped more size as well:
chest 41" (18Jun14 it was 44" and 21Dec14 it was 43.5")
waist (belly button) 46" (1May14 it was 50" and 14Dec14 it was 48.75)
butt 50.5" (2May14 it was 54" and 7Dec14 52.5")
My pants are falling off - I almost fit into XL shirts (which I was almost not fitting into XXL shirts).
I have decided to push as hard as I can for the next 18 days (that'd be 60 days of juicing). I hope in that 18 days I can meet my goal of 260 - if so, then I'll reset my goal to 250 (and so on).
I also want to note that I've been eating some solids. For example, on cheat days I'll have some brats (just the brat) and daily I may have some black olives or an apple or two.
One final note, I'm getting closer to being able to do one pull up. That doesn't seem like a lot, but when you weigh 267 pounds, pulling that much weight up is not as easy as it may sound. I can pull myself up about 1"-2" right now, which is 1"-2" more than I was able to do 2 weeks ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment